Back to Seeking Sirius

Monday, November 19, 2012

NaNoWriMo: 3000 words behind

This is a blog about writing about Enlightenment developing via a life of adventure.

I just returned from a four-day trip, to teach a course of the Transcendental Meditation technique, arguably an activity that has everything to do with the development of Enlightenment.

In my excellent adventure, I fell behind in my writing.

My husband drove the two, five hour trips to Kansas City, where I've been teaching TM for seven and a half years (>250 trips during those years). And I wrote in the car, both ways. We stayed four days and three nights, and I wrote in the odd 10 minute spaces between various meetings, or shopping, or visits with friends.

We did this trip in about the shortest amount of time possible. And I still fell behind by about 3000 words.

I admit that when I'm at home, I have a rather flexible schedule. I now am REALLY impressed with anyone who accomplishes the NaNoWriMo goal and also has a full-time job. Whatever those people are doing, they are way ahead of me. More power to them. They're also probably way closer to Enlightenment than me....

Today is November 19. I have until November 30 to complete the 50,000 words.

I remain optimistic. Maybe that's an enlightened outlook?

No comments:

Post a Comment