Back to Seeking Sirius

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Have abandoned the idea of literary excellence

NaNoWriMo's tag line is:

30 Days and Nights of Literary Abandon

For much of this month, I have edited my efforts as I go, ruthlessly cutting substandard words.

Somewhen recently, I abandoned the idea of literary excellence.

I'm pretty much just slapping words at the page. The manuscript has become the equivalent of a sketch in charcoal.  At times, a not very accomplished sketch in charcoal.

I am taking it on faith that there is a possibility that I will be able, later, to work this rough sketch as far in the direction of a refined oil painting as whatever talent I have will allow.

If I have any talent.

I'm wondering about that.

On the other hand. I can produce words.  Now have more than 40,000 words in the manuscript.

Aiming at that 50,000 before midnight on Friday.

Husband has been informed that it's his job to go get lunch every day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment