Back to Seeking Sirius

Friday, June 7, 2013

Marketing with a Book Trailer

I opened up iMovie on my MacBook Air for the first time on Tuesday, and six hours later had a passable first attempt at a 45-second book trailer (like a movie trailer, only for a book).

Using instructional videos from YouTube (you can find almost anything there), I found it pretty darn easy. By version 5, I had the words matching the themes of the music.

It's not that I'm really good at this sort of thing. Just persistent, and game to try.

I will post it on June 11, the day I was aiming to publish Seeking Sirius. Instead of publishing, since the manuscript still needs work, I will start marketing -- in my newbie fashion.

Once the trailer is posted on YouTube, I'll put a link to it in this blog post. And this blog will be attached to my new Author's Website.

Truly, if you want to do something, search on the web, and you'll almost for sure find instructions on how to do it.  I love technology. And the way people like to help other people.

By Laure Edwards Reminick

No comments:

Post a Comment