Back to Seeking Sirius

Monday, June 25, 2012

Who is Mrs. WhosyWhatsit, and what does she bring to the table?

I'm still in the area where my heroine is getting a breather from running so constantly from the bad guys.

She is having a nice conversation with Mrs. WhosyWhatsit, and I'm stuck at the point of what exactly should be incorporated in this interchange. Can't just relate to the previous series of events to Mrs. WhosyWhatsit. Boring to me, and certainly boring to the reader.

Periodically, my husband shows his colors as a thoughtful and insightful sounding board.

Who exactly is Mrs. WhosyWhatsit? She needs to bring some essential piece of info to this interchange. But not so close as to imply she is completely involved in the drama. That could imply a conspiracy. I want to keep this lady separate, for later.

After a spirited debate with my husband, I think I have an idea of how to go forward.

Again and again, it just comes down to sitting down in front of the screen and putting one word at a time on the "paper," watching to see how the magic begins to unfold.

This process of keeping the flow logical, but not mundane; interesting, but not fantastical; adventurous, but still something the reader can relate with -- all this is a fascinating puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment