Back to Seeking Sirius

Monday, May 13, 2013

2nd Draft Completed: Publish this Puppy

It's been more than two months since I've published a post. Besides life, I've been working, working, writing, writing on completing the second draft of Seeking Sirius. Ta Daaaaa!  Done!

In the first half, about 85% of the scenes are brand new. That took three and a half months.

Second half, not one new scene. But everything had to be integrated with the new scenes and characters from the now vastly improved first half.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

The beta readers are happy with it.

Maybe tomorrow, or soon after, I'll find out if the freelance editor I hired for a review recommends A LOT of improvements. Or just a few.  I can't wait to see that input.

Anyway, June is a very good time to publish, according to my brilliant husband (expert at forecasting the future, we call him swamiji)

So, I'm working on the websites, designing a book cover, and hoping I can get the manuscript to the publisher I've chosen with enough time to get it all done for publishing on June 11.

I'm vibrating, like a sheltie dog on first sight of a new flock of sheep.

By Laure Edwards Reminick

No comments:

Post a Comment